Pregnancy is one of the most beautiful times in every woman’s life. It is responsible for making a beautiful change in the lives of females. Many Females do not want to have a baby at an early age, and during the starting years of the marriage, the time of getting pregnant is increasing over time. In this modern era, females have more opportunities to choose their careers and achieve personal time before starting the journey of motherhood. There is a rise in pregnancies among women in their late 30s and beyond, leading to the concept of advanced maternal age, commonly known as geriatric pregnancy. IVF treatments are a technique that is useful for curing fertility issues in females.
Advanced Maternal age
Advanced Maternal age term is related to the pregnancy that females choose after the age of 35 and over this age. In this age group, the risk of pregnancy is high, and pregnancy can face more complications during the pregnancy. The another name of
Factors that are responsible for the delay in conceiving a child.
Many factors play a crucial role in delaying the pregnancy. These factors are as follows:
- Career and professional goals: In this modern era, females want to become dependent. Sometimes, society forces females to be something in their careers. In this case, females do not interrupt their professional life by conceiving a child.
- Financial stability: Finances play an important role in a family. People want to become financially stable before starting a family.
- Relationship Dynamics: Changes in relationships and getting married in the later years can also affect the timing for family planning.
- Fertility treatment: Many females face fertility issues. To correct it, some technologies are effective for it and give you hope of becoming a mother. The best IVF Centre in Srinagar provides you with the best IVF treatment with advanced techniques.
Risk and the challenges
While pregnancy at any age carries inherent risks, advanced maternal age brings specific challenges:
- Increased Risk of Chromosomal Abnormalities: An increase in the women’s age increases the abnormalities in the chromosomal setups like Down Syndrome.
- Higher Incidence of Gestational Diabetes: Advanced maternal age is related to a higher risk of developing gestational diabetes. Gestational diabetes can lead to complexities during pregnancy and childbirth.
- Hypertension and Preeclampsia: Pregnant Ladies of high age are at risk of high blood pressure and preeclampsia. It is a condition that is caused by high blood pressure and potential damage to organs like the liver and kidneys.
- Preterm Birth and Low Birth Weight: Geriatric pregnancies can result in premature births and low birth weight, both of which can lead to long-term health issues for the child.
Some tips for proper care during Advanced Maternal age
Just because of the risks related to advanced maternal age, vigilant prenatal care is necessary. These are as follows:
- Regular Check-ups for health: the check-ups are important. It is beneficial for Frequent prenatal check-ups to help monitor the mother’s and baby’s health. It ensures the time for the intervention if there is any chance of complications starting.
- Specialized Tests: The term advanced maternal age offers requirements for additional tests like chorionic villus sampling and amniocentesis. These tests are lucrative to detect chromosomal abnormalities.
- Lifestyle Changes: A healthy lifestyle, a nutritious diet and regular exercise can minimize the risk factors during the advanced maternal age.