Miscarriage – Nothing to be worried about!
Miscarriage happens to many of us. While many couples want to go back to the process of trying to conceive only after a few weeks of the mishap, some may want to wait longer for trying again. The worry factor regarding the conception remains as they are quite unsure if they will be able to have a baby again.
While experts maintain different views about the level of fertility just after the miscarriage, they are sure that it doesn’t lower the chances of her conceiving again is she is in good health. If a woman is well under 35 and is in good health, a single instance of miscarriage can’t be used as an indicator of poor chances of reproduction in the future.
What is the fertility status after miscarriage?
According to the IVF centre in Ludhiana, the topic is controversial and so are the conclusions as different sets of research yielded different sets of conclusions.
Medical fraternity does recommend that the couple must wait for at least two months before trying again. It is better than the couple gets the physical condition of the woman checked after the miscarriage. It is also necessary that the woman’s medical history be studied carefully before jumping to any conclusion. Everyone has an individual capacity to heal and recover after a miscarriage. Some women might be ready within a few weeks’ time while some may take a few months to reach the same stage.
The emotional aspect should also not be ignored. The couple must give each other some time to become emotionally stabilized after the incident.
A fleeting phase
There is certainly a fleeting phase in which the woman may be her fertile best after the miscarriage. It is due to the fact that there is a sharp rise in progesterone after miscarriage. This leads to high chances of conception due to the ease of implantation of the egg in the uterus.
How to boost fertility after Miscarriage
Stick to the following advice after miscarriage –
- Remain physically active.
- Refrain from alcohol abuse, smoking, and drinking
- Limit your caffeine intake as it reduces the chances of conception
- De-stress by indulging in your favorite pastime and meditating or doing yoga. Stress can cause delayed ovulation or no ovulation at all.
- Concentrate on having a balanced and nutritious diet which has abundant green vegetables, fruits, vitamins, and proteins.
- If you think you suffer from fertility issues, keep a home kit handy so you have information about your fertility status.
- Discuss all the possible options for fertility treatment which are available for post miscarriage cases. You can opt for fertility enhancing drugs.
- Use an ovulation predictor kit, it is useful in predicting the most fertile period of the woman. The couple can time their intercourse accordingly.
- Give your body enough time to heal on emotional and physical healing.
- It is a good idea to massage the uterus once the bleeding stops, it is known to boost fertility
- You can opt for fertility cleansing. It is the term given to uterine cleansing and maintaining liver health with herbal medicines.