Sofat Infertility & Women Care Centre: Certainly, you can focus on your diet. This is true, what you eat will leave a significant impact on your health and fertility. Even when you are undergoing the IVF Treatment you need to focus on your diet to improve the chances of conception.
Fertility and women
When you are trying to conceive, you need to keep your weight balanced and choose the food which helps your body to go through the 9 months with ease. You need to add essential nutrients and supplements like folic acid & iron for a safe pregnancy.
Fertility and Men
Well, not only women but also need to keep his body weight ideal by following a healthy dietary routine. If a male is obese it can affect the hormonal level. Additionally, there will be a problem of low sperm count and poor semen quality which affects the chances to conceive. So, make sure to eat a well-balanced diet which helps you stay healthy.
Intake of the right amount of Iron
Your diet needs to have the right amount of iron which comes from supplements and vegetables. The studies have shown that it can reduce the risk of ovulatory infertility. The infertility problem increases when the woman is facing the ovulation issue.
What do you need to do?
- You should include vegetables like lentils, spinach, fortified cereals, whole grains, and long-grain enriched rice.
- Additionally, citrus fruit, berries, and bell peppers are great sources of Vitamin C. With its intake, the absorption of iron becomes easy.
What kind of fertility diet do you need to follow?
One of the studies has shown that if women follow a healthy diet pattern, it reduces the risk of infertility by 27% and ovulatory infertility by 66%. Here is the fertility diet which the women need to follow:
- The consumption of trans fat should be less and increase the intake of monounsaturated fat like olive oil and avocados.
- Reduce the intake of animal protein and consume vegetable protein.
- Include carbohydrate-rich food, high-fiber, and low glycemic food.
- Reduce the number of meat sources and increase the intake of iron.
- Take the necessary multivitamins as suggested by your fertility doctor.
- You need to have high-fat dairy products.
Never forget the folic acid
Folic acid won’t make you fertile but women who are trying to conceive need to include this in her diet. You need to get around 400 micrograms per day of folic acid. Also, increase the intake of fortified grains and leafy green vegetables. The intake of folic acid reduces the risk of neural tube defects. It is even better to start its consumption before the woman has started trying to conceive.
Keep your body weight ideal
Along with diet, your weight needs to be ideal when you are trying to conceive. If your weight is not normal then it affects the hormonal level along with ovulation schedule. The ideal BMI (Body Mass Index) is between 18.5 to 24.9.