Infertility is a serious problem which can make it difficult for the women to conceive naturally. In many cases, infertility can occur due to different factors. It is important that both partners need to be checked. In this guide, we are going to discuss in detail the different fertility tests of women.
If you have been trying to conceive for the last year then you need to consult the gynae. The infertility specialist will undergo a detailed history by doing:
- Medical history
- Menstrual history, frequency of periods and its nature
- Lifestyle Habits which includes the use of alcohol, cigarette, caffeine, or drugs
- Sexual habits, if any history of sexually transmitted diseases, relationship with the partner, if there is an extramarital affair, etc.
- History of pregnancy and what was the results
- Use of any birth control measures
- If you have undergone infertility treatment in the past. Additionally, the prescription of medicines, results of blood tests, and USG reports.
Just make sure to tell your gynecologist in detail what problem you faced in the past so that you can get a better treatment plan.
How is the examination of women’s fertility tests done?
- Physical Examination needs to be done if the reproductive system is abnormal. It includes pelvic examination for infection, structural abnormality, or gonorrhea.
- The blood test will help to understand the hormonal level in the body. By doing so, the HIV test, thyroid level, or hepatitis fertility test for AMH, LH, and FSH needs to be done.
- Following ovulation, the fertility blood test for progesterone and estradiol is done and compared with the test done on the 2nd or 3rd of the menstruation cycle.
- Basal body temperature is checked to understand ovulation in a better way.
- The cervical mucus sample is taken after the sexual intercourse for the microscopical examination. By doing so, this will help to know about sperm interaction with the cervical mucus.
- The Transvaginal sonography is done to check the ovaries and uterus condition. The sonography is done on the second day of the menstrual cycle so that the follicles can be understood in a better manner and then the ovulation procedure is followed.
- To check the condition of the uterus then hysteroscopy is done.
- To check the endometriosis the uterus and fallopian tube abnormality are checked. This is done by making the hole in the abdomen.
- With the endometrial biopsy, the endometriosis tissue is taken from the uterine lining with the catheter. Once the test is taken it is sent for biopsy. The test will help to know if the endometrium is normal or not.
You should not worry and just consult the medical expert at the right time. The doctor can tell you the way to manage the infertility issue.