The problem of low sperm count is also called oligospermia, it is the condition in which males have fewer sperm than normal count present in the semen that gets ejaculated during the orgasm. Normal sperm count is 15 million sperm per millimeter of the semen sample and if you are having less count than this normal value then you are also a victim of Oligospermia and you must seek for its treatment options.
The main sign of having the issue of sperm count is the inability of the couple to conceive a child as low sperm count issue can decrease in the chances of sperm to fertilize the female’s egg. However some men can still become a father even if they have low sperm count and even some men are unable to become a father even if they are not suffering from this problem thus suspecting the inability of conceiving a child due to low sperm count is not correct so you must seek for some other symptoms for this condition like
Men with low sperm count can also experience problems with sexual function like low sex drive or erectile dysfunction.Men may also experience pain, swelling or a lump in the testicle area.Hormonal abnormality or decreasing facial or body hair can also be a sign of this problem.
For the normal production of sperm, there is a need of normal functioning of the testicles and the hypothalamus and pituitary gland. Even after the production of sperms, there is need of ducts or tubes to get out while ejaculation so the problem of any of these systems can affect the production of sperms and presence of sperms in the semen sample.
There can be following different causes for the issues with sperm count, quality and functioning.
There can be some health issues and side effects of some medical treatments that can cause this sperm issue like
- Varicocele is the swelling of the veins that drain the testicles and this swelling of the veins can result in the reduced quality of sperm.
- Some infections like sexually transmitted diseases or HIV can affect adversely to the production quality and functioning of the sperms
- Lack of ejaculation
- An autoimmune disease means when some anti-sperm antibodies immune system cells destroy the sperms
- Cancers or non-malignant tumors can also affect the production of sperms
- Some surgeries or reproductive organs or hormonal imbalance can also result in low sperm count issues.
Environmental factors like excessive exposure to some harmful chemicals like pesticides, organic solvents, painting material or lead can also be the cause of low sperm count. Even some radiations and the X- rays can also contribute to the sperm issues.
Health and lifestyle-related causes
- Drug abuse, or alcohol addiction, smoking can also affect your fertility level
- Lack of nutrition in the body can also be responsible for the low sperm count.
- Some men have a habit to wear tight clothes like inner or jeans that can also affect the sperm count and quality.
If you are also suffering from low sperm count issue then you can consult our specialists for having the best treatment ensured at Low Sperm Count Treatment Cost