Sofat Infertility & Women Care Centre Punjab: There are several couples who are suffering from fertility issues. If you are one of them, then you need to visit the IVF center in Punjab. Only after meeting the doctor, you will get to know about the reason behind infertility.
Let’s understand this condition properly.
Endometriosis is explained as a painful condition in which the endometrial tissue develops in the ovaries and the pelvis lining. Basically, this tissue develops inside the uterus, but in this condition, it lines the bowels as well. This condition results in cysts, which are additionally known as endometriosis. You may not know that when the cyst develops on the lining of the pelvis results in scarring and block your ovaries and fallopian tubes as well.
Symptoms of endometriosis
As we stated above, this is a very painful condition, which also affects your menstrual period. Other common signs of endometriosis are-:
- Pelvic pain and cramping might experience by a lady at the start of the menstrual cycle.
- She may also suffer from severe pelvic pain in the last part of the menstrual cycle, additionally includes certain body parts such as lower back and abdominal area too.
- Pain during or after sexual intercourse.
- Chronic Pain during urination, usually during your menstrual cycle.
- You will surely experience heavy periods, which also leads to severe pain and discomfort as well.
- Infertility, but it depends on the severity of the problem.
- Diarrhea, Fatigue, constipation, and nausea during the menstrual cycle.
Effect of endometriosis on Fertility
Well, Several ladies with endometriosis do not experience fertility issues. Infertility due to endometriosis in uncommon, but yes, they experience menstrual cycle problems too much. A recent study reveals that 40% of ladies with endometriosis are facing infertility condition, whereas only 5- 7 % does not experience any type of fertility issue.
As we stated above, this condition affects your fallopian tubes and ovaries as well. Both parts are important to produce healthy eggs and for fertilization, but due to this condition, ladies are unable to produce sufficient and healthy eggs. So, due to blockage sperm does not travel to ovaries to meet the eggs, and then women experience infertility conditions.
What are the different ways to diagnose endometriosis?
- First of all, the specialist examines your pelvic to know the abnormalities in it. For instance, whether there is any type of scar or cyst formed in it or not.
- An ultrasound will be performed to check the ovaries and fallopian tubes.
- Then Laparoscopy is performed to look inside the abdominal area to know the problem so that the doctor can treat it well. After that, he recommends you to undergo the IVF treatment, which is designed to treat fertility issues in women.