This hormone controls the metabolism of body in one and many ways including the rate of burning calories and heart beats.
This butterfly shaped gland gets disturbed due to various reasons that cause either too little or too much hormone. This disorder of thyroid can lead to various problems in the body and women are likely to get caught by this problem more than men and even sometime right after pregnancy and menopause.
How thyroid problem affect women?
This problem has become so sever among women that every woman after 8 women is having thyroid disorder which can lead to following problems
- Thyroid problem either too much or too low can disturb the menstrual cycle and even can cause your periods to stop, make them very light or heavy and irregular.
- If the problem is due to immune system then it can even lead to early menopause
- Thyroid disorder affects the ovulation so can create problem for getting pregnant
- Thyroid can cause health problems so that can lead to pregnancy complication and even can affect both mother and baby
What kinds of thyroid disease affect women?
Following disorders are very common among the women than men
- Thyroid nodules
- Thyroid cancer
- Thyroditis especially postpartum
- Disorders that cause hyperthyroidism
Why it is common among women?
This problem is quite common among the women due to the hormone imbalance caused by the unhealthy lifestyle and the poor nutrition taken by females. PCOS can also lead to this disorder . modern women is having so much stress and work exertion but she is not at all diet conscious that can lead to such kind of problems.
Few women are there who are at greater risk for this problem
- If the women was having thyroid problem in past
- Underwent some surgery or radiotherapy that can affect the thyroid gland
- Having problem of goiter, anemia or type 1 diabetes