What is artificial Insemination?
Artificial insemination is a process or infertility treatment in which your surgeon delivers sperm directly to the uterus in order to conceive a baby.
This process has two approaches such as IUI which is known as intrauterine insemination and ICI which is known as intracervical insemination. You may need oral medications with their treatment in order to increase your chances of conception.
Explain the procedure of Artificial insemination treatment
This procedure is totally safe because performed under the supervision of an experienced and trained fertility specialist. This is the process in which your surgeon injects the sperm into your uterus with full consideration. This process is done if you have a low sperm count, low sperm motility, and poor quality sperm.
Artificial insemination procedure is a successful treatment for couples who are unable to conceive a child. There are some in which you need this treatment such as
- women who have endometriosis
- men with low sperm count
- men who have low sperm motility
- couples who are facing infertility due to genetic factors
- at last, women whose cervical mucus may not supportive of conception.
Different methods of artificial insemination treatment
There are two methods of artificial insemination that are soo common, for example, ICI and IUI. These are explained as below include-:
ICI is explained as intracervical insemination which involves the process of inserting sperm into the uterus. There are various steps of this process-:
- Firstly your surgeon examines you and your health condition with the help of ultrasound. Or he may examine your ovulation cycle before performing this process. In addition, your doctor may prescribe some types of medications in order to increase the chances of pregnancy.
- Then your doctor will collect sperm from your partner with the goal to inject into your uterus.
- Then your doctor will inject that sperm in your uterus with the help of a syringe. He may only inject healthy sperm cells so that you can conceive a baby.
- He will recommend you to take rest for 30 minutes to one hour. So that sperm can easily move to the uterus.
- you will go back to your normal routine the same day but you have to take proper rest and precautions that are given by your doctor.
IUI is explained as intrauterine insemination in which your surgeon directly injects the sperm into the uterus. This process is basically performed at the doctor’s facility because it needs careful consideration. The steps of this process are similar to ICI procedure but in this procedure, your surgeon first washes sperm. But make sure you should find the best IUI treatment center because they have proper experience and training in order to perform this process. Steps of this process include-:
- Firstly your surgeon examines your health condition or he may examine your ovulation cycle before performing this process. In addition, your doctor may prescribe some types of medications in order to increase the chances of the success of this process.
- Then your doctor will collect sperm from your partner with the goal to inject into your uterus. Before injecting sperm he will wash and prepare sperm in order to inject healthy sperm cells. In addition, this is a process which is useful to increase the chances of pregnancy.
- Then your doctor will inject that sperm in your uterus with the help of special instrument such as speculum. He may only inject healthy sperm cells so that you can conceive a baby.
- Your doctor will suggest you take rest for one hour for better success. So that sperm can easily move to the uterus and you can easily conceive a child.
- You will go back to your normal routine the same day but you have to take proper rest and precautions that are given by your doctor.
Are there any side effects of this artificial insemination treatment?
Actually, this procedure is totally safe and secure which has no side effect. But many couples may experience the risk of multiple pregnancies or triplets. You may feel little discomfort after the procedure because of the needle. But you have to follow post care precautions in order to maximize the chances of success. You should also visit a doctor for a regular checkup.
Success rates of this treatment
The success of this treatment depends on some factors such as your age, health condition, and post care after the treatment. You have to follow all the post care instructions if you really want to get better results soon. You can also take medications on time for successful results but only that one which is prescribed by your surgeon and doctor.