PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease) Treatment
PID is one of the common problems in females when infection occurs in the reproductive organ. PID chances are higher during sexual intercourse when unwanted bacteria enter the vagina and reach the ovaries, fallopian tube, and uterus. PID is one of those conditions when the symptoms can be categorized as mild or severe. Although, the women get to know about the same when she tries to conceive.
Are you struggling to conceive?
PID may be the reason behind the same. Schedule your initial consultation with the experienced fertility doctor at one of the best IVF Centre in Punjab to better plan the treatment correctly.
What are the symptoms of PID?
As mentioned above, a woman might be aware she has PID until she tries to conceive. So, there may be no visible symptoms. Although, some of the noticeable signs of PID are:
- Pain is mild to severe and occurs in the pelvis & lower abdomen
- Pain during intercourse
- Fever & you even have chills
- Pain while urinating, or difficult urination
- Abnormal uterine bleeding which is present during the menstrual cycle
If you notice any such symptom or you cannot get pregnant on your own & try for one year, you need to get a hold of one of the Best IVF Doctor in Punjab to transform your health in all ways.
What are the causes of PID?
PID can be the reason for any bacteria entering the body, like chlamydia or gonorrhea. Especially unprotected intercourse increases the chances of getting in touch with such STDs. The results of the same are that reproductive health is affected, which makes it difficult to conceive on your own, or the journey of pregnancy will not be that easy.
What are the risk factors of PID?
For every condition, certain risk factors increase the chances of having this condition. Some of them are:
- Being with multiple sexual partners
- Women being sexually active age less than 25
- Sexual intercourse without protection
- Earlier diagnosed with PID or any other STDs
- Douching regularly affects the presence of harmful bacteria in the vagina. It can result in increased chances of having the symptoms.
Are there any complications of PID?
When the PID is not treated on time, there are high chances of making it lead to permanent damage to the reproductive tract like:
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Tubo-ovarian Abscess (Affect the ovaries & tubes)
Are there any prevention tips for PID?
Here are some of the preventive measures you should take to reduce the risk of PID:
- Practice safe sex
- Make sure to discuss with the doctor all the necessary contraception options
- You should ask the partner to get tested
- Don’t douche
- Get tested
Taking all such necessary measures can help prevent the situation or reduce the chances of getting this condition.