Around 40 years, reproductive medicine got its first success of live birth with IVF treatment. Since then many advancements have been made which helped in improving the results. Till now around 8 million babies are born with this treatment.
These changes and improvements have helped many families who are not able to conceive naturally.
PGS is also known as PGT-A is genetic testing which is specially done for screening chromosomal abnormalities in the embryos. After fertilization on day 5 or 6, few cells will be removed by embryologist from the developing embryo which will be used to check the presence of all the 23 chromosomes. This way the embryo will be selected which have the right type of chromosomes and this will lower the risk of miscarriage.
With the advancement made in PGS, it has helped to increase the birth rate and miscarriage rate is decreased. This is the reason, the demand for Test tube baby in India is increasing at our clinic.
Advancements made in PGS
The method of PGS is used with IVF (In-Vitro-fertilization) which works effectively in assessing the embryo genes.
- At our fertility clinic, this technology is used which helps in screening the 24 chromosomes perfectly within a specified amount of time. Due to this, it helps in knowing the chromosome count present in the embryo to be transferred.
- According to our fertility specialist, this method helps in assessing the chances of fertility which helps in understanding the assessment in a better way. This means you get to know the effectiveness of PGS for you.
- This is true that with the research and improvements the technique of PGS has become more transparent. This process has helped many patients to get better results.
Earlier, the selection process of the embryo was done on the morphology. The process of personalized which helps in knowing the look of the embryo and this was based on the scoring system.
Along with that FISH analysis helps in evaluating the chromosome number. However, this method helps in knowing about the limited chromosome count.
What are the changes made in the PGS?
Preimplantation genetic screening was done with the help of fluorescence in the FISH. But FISH was not effective in screening all the 24 chromosomes. Moreover, this method effectiveness and accuracy is limited when there is a need to identify the euploid embryos.
In the PGS this is the modern and innovative technology. With this method, the PGS has been moved to another level. The method of NGS helps in providing.
- Organized workflows
- Excellent PGS results
- Simple portfolio expansion with customizable assays
- Maximum throughput capabilities
With the new technology, the results of IVF have enhanced for better. With this technology, all 24 chromosomes can be screened effectively.