Sofat Infertility & Women Care Centre Punjab: You are planning to undergo the treatment of IVF then you must prepare yourself for improving the conception chances. Keep in mind, your fertility doctor is the best person to guide you what is the right time. So, make sure that when you visit the IVF centre for treatment ask them if you have any doubts and follow the suggestions given by them.
Essential tips to prepare your body for IVF
Given below are some effective and top tips to prepare your body with the infertility treatment:
- Reduce the stress level
- Opt for fertility-improving food
- Daily take your vitamins
- Do not drink and smoke
- Have quality sleep
- Do breathing exercise
While preparing yourself for the treatment you must consider the time. Let’s take a look at the preparation time as suggested by our fertility doctor.
3 to 6 Months for Preparation
- Ideally, it is best when you have 3 to 6 months to prepare for the treatment. This is because the eggs get matured within 3 months or more. Having a quality egg is very important for the treatment and to have a healthy baby.
- The experienced doctor always says that “While undergoing the treatment patience is the key.”
- Additionally, you should seek the help of the acupuncturist. The research has shown acupuncture helps in improving the blood flow.
1 to 2 months for Preparation
- Eat food which improves fertility
You need to eat food which helps improve the fertility level. You should add food items like:
– Fish Roe
– Royal Jelly
- Take your vitamins
Make sure that you take the prenatal supplement as they are very helpful in improving the egg quality and make the woman’s body fertile. Even if you take them 1 to 2 months before still the chances are improved.
- Do not smoke and drink alcohol
Studies have shown that consumption of nicotine and other toxic substances affect the eggs & ovaries. So, for increasing the likelihood you should neither drink nor smoke.
2 Weeks to Prepare for the Treatment
- Reduce the stress level
No doubt, it is stressful to undergo the treatment. But, keep in mind that psychological stress affects the success chances. So, make sure you do not more stress into your life at this point.
- Have Quality Sleep
The quality of sleep affects sperm production, sex hormones, and ovulation. So, leading up to the treatment improve your sleep like stick to a proper bedtime routine, limit caffeine, and keep electronics away from the bedroom.
One day to prepare for the Treatment
Breathing deep into the belly can help to reduce stress and the body will work properly. You should do this during the doctor visit, egg retrieval or embryo transfer.