Sofat Infertility & Women Care Centre: Studies have shown that chances of conception can increase after the tubal flushing or HSG. It does depend on what is the reason of infertility.
The test helps in checking the uterus shape and to check if there is any blockage in the fallopian tube. There are many fertility forum in which women have said that following the tubal flushing one to 2 months women can conceive. When you visit our IVF Center in Punjab the fertility doctor will let you know what are your chances of conception after this treatment.
Water-soluble or oil Contrast?
The procedure of tubal-flushing is done with water and oil-based contrast. It might be possible that tubal-flushing is used therapeutically in which there is no need for imaging. It does matter when following the tubal flushing the pregnancy boost is focused on.
What does the study have focused on?
- Tubal flushing: With the use of water-soluble contrast media
- Tubal flushing: With the use of oil-soluble contrast media
- Tubal flushing: With both water & oil-based contrast
- There is no intervention at all.
What did the study found?
- The pregnancy rate did not increase when water-soluble or combination of oil& water-based contrast is used.
- The pregnancy rate did increase when oil-based contrast is used which is best for you.
Consult your doctor as they will let you know what they want to use. The doctor will also let you know what needs to be done if the male partner is diagnosed with infertility. Talk with our fertility doctor regarding the Male Infertility Treatment.
How much is the increase in pregnancy rate?
- In any given month it has been seen that the chances of conceiving increased by 17% without any intervention and there was no other infertility problem detected.
- On the other hand, with tubal flushing, the pregnancy chances increased by 29 to 55 percent. Moreover, the improvements lasted for around 3 months following the procedure.
What is the reason behind the increase?
There is still no clarity why this increase is because of tubal flushing. But, there are few theories regarding this:
- It might be possible that the dye takes away the minor blocks in the fallopian tubes or clear it partially. But, yes if the case of fallopian tube blockage is very severe then tubal flushing is not going to open or repair the tubes.
- Another possibility is the lining of the uterus is enhanced because of dye and this makes it possible for the embryo to implant successfully.
- It might be possible that dye enhances the ovulation and area around the ovaries.
Consult your fertility doctor as they will let you know what is the exact problem and what you can do to improve the condition.