What is IUI?
IUI (intrauterine insemination) is one of the fertility treatments. During this approach, the treatment is done without or with the assistance of fertility drugs. If there is no need for fertility drugs, then the male partner needs to give the semen sample. The semen sample is achieved through masturbation. In case, your partner is not present when the semen sample is needed, then they can give it before the procedure. The gynecologist in Punjab will give you a proper understanding of the treatment and if there is anything that needs to be kept in mind.
If the semen sample is frozen, then it is thawed and prepared. In the semen sample, the sperm presence is more than once. Later, the doctor will do the washing method which helps to take out all the impurities which might create during conception.
If you are facing a problem conceiving, then you need to visit the best IVF centre in Punjab. The fertility expert will talk you through the treatment plan in detail.
IUI in conjunction with Ovarian-stimulating drugs
IUI along with ovarian stimulating drugs can be suggested to the patients. In this procedure, your partner sperm or donor sperm are used.
Before this procedure is done, women ‘s health needs to be checked. The doctor will look for the signs of infection, structural issues, or hormonal imbalance. The procedure is carried out on the day of ovulation which occurs 24 to 36 hours after the LH level has increased.
Ovulation is predicted by a urine test kit or blood test and ultrasound
During the surgery, here’s what will happen:
- The doctor or nurse will put the healthy sperm through the vial which is known as a catheter. It is a long and thin tube.
- Inserts the catheter into the vagina by opening the cervical and then putting it into the uterus.
- The sperm sample is pushed through the tube and then it reaches the uterus.
- The catheter is removed and then the speculum is removed.
What are the factors which determine the IUI success rate?
- The usage of fertility medications
- Is there any underlying fertility issue
- Diagnosis for the infertility issue
Is there any case where IUI is not recommended?
Pregnancy rates following IUI will be based on different reasons to address the issue of fertility. After 40, the success rate of IUI saw a decline. If the woman has not conceived, she can undergo 3 cycles and after that the success rate reduces. For your best interest, it is important to consult the fertility specialist and he will suggest the best option. Some of the cases, where IUI is not suggested are:
- Women with a history of pelvic infection
- Women who have severe damage in the fallopian tube
- Women diagnosed with moderate to severe endometriosis