NECROZOOSPERMIA – Death Of The Sperms In The Fresh Semen Sample
The dead sperms are known as the necrotic. And for a semen sample, 30% of the dead sperms can be ignored and the semen can still be said to be normal. In the rarest cases, complete necrozoospermia is observed. This is one of the rarest causes of male infertility. Usually, the low sperm count and morphological problems in the sperms are accountable for the non-conception.
Do you know?
As per the researches, not more than 0.2% to 0.6% of the males’ suffer from infertility emerged because of the thoroughly necrotic sperms.
WHAT CAUSES NECROZOOSPERMIA?
The studies have yet not been able to figure out the exact cause of this problem because of its rarity in emergence. But still, the subsequent reasons can contribute to the intensification of this disorder:
- Anomalous fluctuations in the body temperature
- Progressed Paternal age
- Excessive production of the anti-sperm antibodies
Do you know?
When the male’s body starts producing the anti-sperm antibodies, then the immune system of the body itself commences attacking the healthy sperm cells to make them deteriorate in quality.
- Previous History of the Testicular Cancer
- Long term stays in the environment which is intoxicated by the following:
- Hormonal Problems
- Infections caused in the reproductive tract of the males
- Untypical functional & structural prospects of the testicles or epididymis.
Do you know?
Testicles is that tube where sperm cells keep on getting gathered and mature before they are released with the semen through ejaculation.
- If you have not ejaculated for a longer period
- The injuries in the spinal cord
- Use of the street drugs
IS ASTHENOZOOSPERMIA THE SAME AS THAT OF THE NECROZOOSPERMIA?
No, these two are completely different terms and cannot be used interchangeably. So to get your confusion clear, have a glance at the underlined information:
NECROZOOSPERMIA – When the sperms are dead in the semen sample
ASTHENOZOOSPERMIA – When the sperms are unable to swim to fertilise the eggs.
ARE THE TREATMENT OPTIONS THE SAME FOR BOTH OF THE PROBLEMS?
No, as the description of both the sperm disorders is different, so do the treatment options.
ASTHENOZOOSPERMIA – Can be treated with IVF & ICSI
NECROZOOSPERMIA – Can be treated with Testicular/Epididymal Sperm Extraction with ICSI (TESE-ICSI)
CAN NECROZOOSPERMIA BE FALSELY DIAGNOSED?
Yes, sometimes it happens that owing to some faults, the necrozoospermia is by mistake detected in the semen sample owing to some issues either in the technology or in the medical conditions.
WHY DOES FALSE DIAGNOSIS COME INTO ORIGIN?
- Use of the non-fertility friendly lubricant
- The presence of dirt and contamination in the semen container
- Collection of the sperm in the regular condom.
Are you thinking that?
Yes, for some people, it is easy to collect the semen sample by engaging in intercourse, instead of ejaculating with the help of masturbation.
Based on the cause of the necrozoospermia, the related treatment will be suggested.
- If necrozoospermia is caused by the infections, then antibiotics will be suggested.
- In case, drug abuse is the main cause, then drug addiction treatment will be suggested.
As discussed the treatment option may vary depending upon the cause. For example, if the spinal cord injuries have caused the problem of the necrozoospermia, then electroejaculation will be suggested.