Infertility is a common problem that men and women go through. Although the common factor for infertility is ageing, however, nowadays there are younger couples who are also suffering from this. There are various reasons that could lead an individual to the path of infertility, but today we are going to talk about Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) which causes infertility among women.
It is important to know the root cause of the problem, as without learning the reason Best IVF Doctor in Ludhiana would not be able to treat your problem, apart from that it is also your duty to tell all your medical history to your doctor or IVF centre.
What Is Pelvic Inflammatory Disease?
PID mostly occurs in women who suffer from an infection in their reproductive organs. The parts that get affected by the pelvic inflammatory disease in reproductive organs include the ovaries, fallopian tubes, and uterus. You would notice an unusual discharge from the vagina as well as mild pain in your stomach region or abdomen.
What Are The Effects Of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease?
The most common effect of PID is that it can damage the reproductive organs like ovaries, uterus, and fallopian tubes, which would result in infertility hence you would not be able to get pregnant in the future. It can also lead to other infections like Tubovarian Abscess (TOA) in the pelvis. If you do not treat PID it becomes very painful and also makes people very sick.
Who Can Be Affected By Pelvic Inflammatory Disease?
- You might be at higher risk of suffering from PID if you have a Sexually Transmitted Infection (STIs) including chlamydia and gonorrhea.
- If you are younger than 25 and is sexually active, you might be at risk of suffering from PID
- If you have had multiple partners, or you are with someone who has had multiple partners, it increases the risk.
- If you have had PID before.
What Are The Symptoms Of Pelvic Inflammatory Diseases?
Although the symptoms of PID might be unnoticeable or you might have mild symptoms. However, the symptoms of pelvic Inflammatory disease can also come very quickly and suddenly.
These are some of the common symptoms:
- You might notice a mild or severe pain in your belly or lower abdomen area.
- You might suffer from chills or fever
- You might notice some abnormal discharge from your vagina, which may have an unusual odor and its color might be yellow or green.
- You would feel pain during intercourse.
- There would also be symptoms of nausea or vomiting.
- You would feel a burning sensation while you are urinating.
- If you have irregular periods or spotting or suffer from heavy cramping, you might be at risk of suffering from PID.
- Although this is less often seen as a symptom of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, still some might also feel pain in the upper right abdomen.