The joy of being a parent is unmatched and it cannot be put into words. Similarly, the pain of not being a parent is unbearable and the couple feels depressed and anxious because of the same. The condition of not being able to become a parent physically is termed infertility. The rising number of cases of men and women infertility have led to a rise in infertility treatment.
Symptoms of female infertility
- The following can be factors of female infertility which are associated with her menstrual cycle:
- The unusual menstrual flow which is characterized by more or lesser bleeding than usual.
- The irregularity of periods which can be understood by variation in the number of days between each menstrual cycle.
- Having no periods at all ever or abrupt stoppage of periods at once.
- Having unbearable painful periods that can lead to pelvic pain, back pain or cramps.
- Then, there can be factors related to her hormonal issues which can be:
- Changes in women skin that can lead to more acne.
- Remarkable variations in her drive and desire to have sex.
- The growth of dark hair unusually on her lips, chin, and chest.
- Hair loss or thinning of hair.
- Abnormal gain in weight.
- Some other symptoms may include:
- Having pain during the intercousre
- Discharge of milky white fluid from nipples which does not bear any relation to breastfeeding.
Symptoms of male infertility
The infertility symptoms of men do not come in the notice unless and until the couple is unable to have a child and female’s infertility is not detected. Male infertility can be identified by the below-mentioned symptoms:
- Variation in the regular hair growth pattern of the men.
- Facing issues with erection and ejaculation.
- Development of lumps, having pain or swelling in the testicles.
- The striking and sudden change in the sexual desire of the man.
- Having small and firm testicles.
What is the right time to consult the doctor?
When the woman is lesser than 35 and unable to conceive, she should see the doctor after a year of trying. If the age of a woman is 35 or exceeds 35, she should not delay visiting the doctor after 6 months of unsuccessful attempts.
There can be various tests that the doctor can prescribe to discover the reasons of inability to conceive. This can include a blood test, urine test or imaging test or all of these.
For discovering male’s infertility reasons, his sperm analysis is done to evaluate the quality and quantity of the male’s sperm.
Overall, there are several symptoms that can indicate towards infertility of a man and the infertility of a woman if even after repeated efforts the woman is not able to get pregnant. These small yet prominently indicative symptoms should not be ignored to get the treatment started in time and overcome the issue of infertility.