IVF Treatments are very common in this modern era. Females are not able to be pregnant after so many tries is called infertility. It is common in men and women both. The chocolate cyst is also a common problem in females. The reason for the chocolate cyst is undefined, but endometriosis is responsible. If you are facing infertility, then The IVF Center in Srinagar provides you with the best treatment. Chocolate cyst is also a condition of infertility.
What is a chocolate cyst?
A medical condition when a cyst is formed in the ovaries is called a chocolate cyst. The lining of the uterus, called endometrium, starts growing outside the uterus, and this is responsible for chocolate cysts. This condition is called endometriosis. Endometriosis is a situation in which the lining of the uterus can occur outside the uterus wall. It affects the ovaries in a bad manner. In this condition the ovaries are filled with blood and known as the chocolate cyst. This condition causes complications and severe pain in the ovary. Females face this problem during their late teenage and early 40s.
The types of chocolate cyst.
The chocolate cyst is of three types, and the types are as follows:
- Small cyst: in the type of small cyst, the size of the cyst is 4 centimeters in diameter.
- Medium cyst: the medium cyst is a very common type. The size of the cyst is 4-8 centimeters in diameter in the medium cyst.
- Large cyst: People who have large cysts in the ovaries are at high risk of infertility. And the size of the large cyst is more than 8 centimeters in size.
Cause of the chocolate cyst.
The main cause of chocolate cysts is endometriosis, but there is not any evidence for it. Many studies declare that genetic issues, growth of hormones, immune system problems, and retrograde menstruation can be a cause of chocolate cysts.
Symptoms of the chocolate cyst.
Some symptoms of chocolate cyst that a person notices in the beginning stage.
- Pelvic pain: the most common symptom of any internal problem is pain. You may feel dull, aching pain during your menstruation.
- Menstrual irregularities: patients may face heavy bleeding or irregularities in their periods.
- The painful procedure of intercourse: because of the presence of cysts, Dyspareumia occurs, which is responsible for the pain during intercourse.
- Pelvic discomfort: Patients may feel pain during activities like exercise and bowel movement.
- Infertility: A chocolate cyst can cause infertility, and it becomes difficult to conceive the baby.
How does the chocolate cyst affect the fertility of a female?
Chocolate cysts can affect female fertility. The endometriosis can be responsible for the cause of adhesion and scarring. It interrupts the normal function of the ovaries and fallopian tubes of the female. It creates changes for the egg to be fertilized or travel to the uterus. It can be responsible for the cause of infertility in affected females.
Diagnose the chocolate cyst:
To diagnose a chocolate cyst, healthcare professionals use various methods, including:
- Medical History: Gathering information about symptoms, menstrual cycles, and family history.
- Physical Examination: A pelvic exam can reveal cysts or abnormalities in the reproductive organs.
- Imaging Tests: Transvaginal ultrasound and MRI scans can provide detailed images of the cysts.
- Laparoscopy: A surgical procedure to directly visualize and biopsy the cysts, often necessary for confirmation
The treatment plan for the chocolate cyst.
The treatment of chocolate cysts aims to relieve symptoms, preserve fertility, and prevent recurrence. Depending on the circumstances of the individuals and the severity, there are some treatment options as follows:
- Pain Management: over severe pain, painkillers are prescribed medications that can be Lucrative for managing the pain and discomfort.
- Hormone Therapy: many females take Birth control pills and hormonal medications that the doctors may suggest for the regularity of periods, and it can reduce the growth of the cyst.
- Surgery: the surgery procedure is suggested when there is no chance for the treatment with medicines. Doctors suggest Laparoscopic surgery. It is fruitful for the removal of cysts and any tissue around the endometriotic tissue. In some cases, a partial or total hysterectomy may be considered.
- Fertility Preservation: If fertility is a concern, a conservative surgical approach can be taken to remove cysts while preserving reproductive organs.
IVF treatment provides happiness to thousands of families. Nowadays, these treatments are very common and preferable. Dr. Sumita Sofat is known as the Best IVF Doctor in Punjab. She is available at Dr. Sumita Sofat IVF Hospital.