When a couple is not able to conceive there are various reasons for that and the problem can be in either of them. This thing can only be determined when you visit the fertility doctor. In case, you have been diagnosed with low sperm count then read this article as we have mentioned everything here.
What is a low sperm count?
Precisely, it is known as sperm concentration or Oligospermia. If the sperms are completely absent then it is called azoospermia. If the sperm count is low then it can lead to many health issues and the major problem is that it can make it difficult to conceive.
What is the method of counting sperm?
The sperm count is measured while ejaculation which is per milliliter. Sperm count is normal when it is 40-300 million per milliliter. The problem arises when the count gets less than 20 million sperm per milliliter.
What the symptoms of low sperm count?
One the major sign is when the couple is not able to conceive. According to fertility experts, one year is considered sufficient for couples to get pregnant. But, if still, the results are not coming then you need to seek the help of the doctor for the treatment of male infertility.
Body hair deficiency
Due to hormonal deficiency, it can trigger the issue of lack of facial hair. It does not indicate that you are facing the problem but it might trigger this issue.
Swelling in the testicle area
If you notice a lump or swelling in the testicle area then it might indicate you are suffering from the problem. Do not neglect this and seek medical advice as early as possible.
What are the causes?
There are different causes which can lead to this situation like smoking, drinking alcohol, stress, industrial chemicals, overheating of the scrotum, and the problem with varicocele veins.
What are the treatment options available?
One of the best treatment options which our fertility doctor recommends is IVF when the case is very severe. Also, the diagnosis will determine which treatment will work best in your case.
- If there is swelling in the vein then surgery is the ideal choice to get it fixed.
- If there is a problem with hormonal imbalance then medications but its effect will be noticed after 3 to 6 months.
- Antibiotics are given if the infection is found in the reproductive tract.
Is there any way to increase sperm count naturally?
- Your diet should include vitamins, whole grains, minerals, and vegetables. Living a healthy lifestyle will improve the chances
- Daily exercise. You can do walking, jogging or yoga. Every day you should give yourself 45 minutes for a workout routine.
- Keep your weight normal.
- Do not take the stress
- Do not wear tight underwear, avoid saunas, and hot tubs.
For further information, you should visit our doctor and get the best treatment for your problem.