How do you need to make the right choice between a fertility specialist and Ob/GYN?



Making an effort to get pregnant but when they go in vain it results in frustration. When the woman is not able to control her feelings she envies their friends for decorating the nurseries. If you are experiencing a problem then it is important to seek help on time. If you are trying to conceive but having issues then make sure to visit the best IVF centre in Punjab.

In this blog, we are going to make you understand the difference between consulting the fertility specialist and gynaecologist in Ludhiana.

 What are the factors to consider for choosing between fertility specialists and Ob/GYN?

  • How long have you been trying to conceive?

During the fertility journey, most of us want to visit the OB/GYN. The gynecologist is going to evaluate the fertility level. One of the major issues experienced by the fertility expert is how to properly time the intercourse with ovulation. The ovulation predictor test can help to conduct the evaluation and see what factors are creating problems for you to conceive. You need to consult the fertility expert:

  • Women under the age of 35

Those who have been trying to get pregnant for one year need medical assistance.

  • Women over the age of 35

Trying to get pregnant for 6 months needs to consult a fertility expert.

  • OB/GYN’s training

To give better treatment to the patients some Gynae prefers to do extra training to address the fertility issues. If you find someone familiar with only a few treatments then you should not go with them. It is best to find someone who has an understanding of advanced treatment options, and the results were successful. So, make sure to find the specialist who has done her proper training.

  • Take into consideration your medical history

If you have a problem with the menstrual cycle or you could not keep track of ovulation then it is beneficial to consult an OB/GYN.

On the other hand, you need to consult a fertility specialist die for the following reasons:

  • You have faced miscarriage in the past.
  • You or your partner is diagnosed with STD.
  • Either one of you or both of the partners is underweight or overweight.
  • Age is a vital factor

Women over the age of 30 and diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease or other reproductive health-related issues then you should find the best fertility specialist.

  • Male partner fertility needs to be evaluated

One of the major reasons you need to consult the fertility specialist is to diagnose the fertility of the male partner. If your partner has a low sperm count or semen analysis did not come out normal, then the fertility expert can suggest the treatment accordingly. Consulting the best expert ensures that your condition is evaluated on time, and you get an individualized treatment plan.