One of the causes of infertility in women is Blocked or obstructed fallopian tubes mostly, it comes with no symptoms, but if left unnoticed can lead to many dangers. mediacally it is named tubal occlusion.
Fallopian tubes are muscular tubes which are linked with fragile hair like structures. The “hair” do their work from both directions, which means helping egg to travel from ovaries to the womb and also in assisting sperm from traveling up to womb. Every fallopian tube has pili, which are similar to a finger. They catch and guide an egg after ovaries release it.
- They get blocked due to many reasons:
- Number of abdominal surgeries in past.
- if the woman is suffering from a pelvic infection
- Appendix, which has been burst previously
- Having transmitted STD, like gonorrhea or Chlamydia
- If the women are suffering from endometriosis, a condition which causes the lining of the womb to grow outside the uterus.
- If the women are found to have Hydrosalpinx, which means inflammation and collection of liquid at the end of the fallopian tube.
All these conditions directly or indirectly affect fallopian tubes.
The tubes open and close, hence it is not an easy task to come to know of their blockage, sometimes they are mistaken as being closed
The tests to diagnose them are :
An X-ray called HSG, in which the doctor injects a dye which is not harmful into the womb, which has to flow into the Fallopian tube. The X-ray shows the stain. In case the fluid has difficulty in flowing into the Fallopian tube, it means they have a blockage.
An ultrasound, which is similar to HSG, but take the help of sound waves to construct a picture of Fallopian tubes.
The doctor advises the lady according to a diagnosis made on medical history. For eg, if a woman has gone through an appendix, then she might not be able to conceive, hence blocked Fallopian tubes could likely because.
- Pain in belly or pelvis might be experienced by women having blocked tubes. The pain may happen on a day to day basis.
- Mostly the symptoms are limited to having trouble in getting fertilized. Doctors call this thing as not having a baby even after a year of trying.
- Fallopian tubes interlink the ovaries to the uterus and play an important part in getting fertilized.
The cost of blocked fallopian tube treatment cost depends upon the condition from which the woman is suffering, what is the level of the condition, the surgery the surgeon who is going to perform.