What Is Unexplained Infertility?
Infertility is undoubtedly a frustrating experience; couples who face such issues find that it is also affecting their personal and marital life. Most of the time, the doctor advises couples to try conceiving naturally for at least one year; those who are below the age of 35 and those who are older should try for at least six months. If still, they are unable to succeed in the process, then they can opt for an IVF treatment in an IVF Centre in Punjab.
Unexplained Infertility And Its Issues
It is an emotional and physically draining procedure but one that would give you your definition of happiness. It is essential to diagnose the issue to find the proper treatment. But what if the condition of infertility is unexplained? It is going to bring more frustration. What are the options left in such a situation? Is it even a diagnosis or a cop-out for the doctors? How can your doctor know if it is unexplained infertility or the real issue is not yet diagnosed?
Well, for your information. Unexplained infertility is a real issue, and there is also treatment available for it. According to studies, it is estimated that around 5 to 10% of the couples who are having difficulty getting pregnant suffer from unexplained infertility. That being said, the treatment available for such conditions may not be as exact as the other treatment for explained infertility. In this situation, your physician will instruct you on a course of medication and remedies that would improve the odds of a successful pregnancy.
Unexplained Infertility Defined
The actual meaning of unexplained infertility comes when the doctor conducts the standard tests for infertility, and it shows an inconclusive point or is unable to pinpoint the real cause of the fertility issues. After the examinations that the doctor performs on the patient with no success, the diagnosis of the problems is deemed unexplained. They are also known as idiopathic infertility. This term is basically used to describe infertility, which is unexplained when it is narrowed down to male or female factors.
What Are The Tests For Unexplained Infertility?
The Best IVF Doctor in Ludhiana performs all the evaluation and comprehensive tests before they can declare the condition to be unexplained. Some of those tests for infertility include:
- A thorough physical exam
- A complete sexual history
- A complete medical history
- Assessment of the woman’s ovulation
- An evaluation of the woman’s ovulation reserve
- Analysis of the man’s semen
- An evaluation of a woman’s fallopian tube and the uterus is generally done via X-rays, which is also known as a hysterosalpingogram
- Other tests that include this are laparoscopic procedures to see the reproductive organs. Although it is minimally invasive, the doctor conducts this examination to observe and confirm the suspicion of adhesions or scar tissue, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, and ovarian cysts.
What Are The Diagnosis Of Unexplained Infertility?
- You both are physically healthy
- When the ovulation is regular
- The reservation of eggs seems healthy
- Fallopian tubes are open, healthy, and clear
- There is no trouble with your uterus
- Semen analysis comes out perfect with the average count, motility, and shape of the sperm.