Punjab is a state in the northwest of the Republic of India, forming part of the larger Punjab region. The state is bordered by the Indian states of Himachal Pradesh to the east, Haryana to the south and southeast and Rajasthan to the southwest as well as the Pakistani province of Punjab to the west. It is also bounded to the north by Jammu and Kashmir. The state capital is located in Chandigarh, which is a Union Territory and also the capital of the neighbouring state of Haryana. Major cities of Punjab include Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Patiala, Tarn Taran Sahib, Nawanshahr, Firozpur, Bathinda, Anandpur Sahib, Hoshiarpur and Ajitgarh. After the partition of India in 1947, the Punjab province of British India was divided between India and Pakistan. The Indian Punjab was divided in 1966 with the formation of the new states of Haryana and Himachal Pradesh, as well as the current state of Punjab. Punjab is the only state in India with a majority Sikh population.
The Greeks referred to Punjab as Pentapotamia, an inland delta of five converging rivers. In Avesta, the sacred text of Zoroastrians, the Punjab region is associated with the ancient Hindu or Sapta Sindhu, the Land of Seven Rivers. Historically, the Punjab region has been the gateway to the Indian Subcontinent for people from Greece, Central Asia, Iran, and Afghanistan and vice versa.
Agriculture is the largest industry in Punjab; it is the largest single producer of wheat in India. Other major industries include the manufacturing of scientific instruments, agricultural goods, electrical goods, financial services, machine tools, textiles, sewing machines, sports goods, starch, tourism, fertilizers, bicycles, garments, and the processing of pine oil and sugar. Punjab also has the largest number of steel rolling mill plants in India, which are located in Steel Town Mandi Gobindgarh, District Fatehgarh Sahib.
Forts And Palaces To Visit In Punjab
1. Golden Temple in Amritsar (Approx 200 Kms from Ludhiana).
2. Gobindgarh Fort Amritsar (Approx 40 Kms from Ludhiana).
3. Ancient Fort at Bathinda, in Bathinda. (Approx 150 Kms from Ludhiana).
4. Faridkot Fort (Approx 150 Kms from Ludhiana).
5. Quila Mubarak, Patiala (Approx 110 Kms from Ludhiana).
6. Bahadurgarh Fort (near Patiala Approx. 120 Kms from Ludhiana).
7. Anandpur Sahib Fort, Ropar (Approx 120 Kms from Ludhiana).
8. Phillaur Fort, Ludhiana (Approx 30 Kms from Ludhiana).
9. Shahpur Kandi Fort, (Approx 200 Kms from Ludhiana).
10. Summer Palace of Maharaja Ranjit Singh (1780-1838 AD), Amritsar (Approx 200 Kms from Ludhiana).
11. Keshgarh Fort, Anandpur Sahib (Approx 120 Kms from Ludhiana).
12. Historic monuments in Nabha and Sangrur.
13. Payal Fort (Approx 80 Kms from Ludhiana).
14. Shershah Suri Mahal” Batala.(Approx 80 Kms from Ludhiana).
1. Maharaja Ranjit Singh Museum, Amritsar (Approx 200 Kms from Ludhiana).
2. Sanghol Museum.
3. Angol Sikh War Memorial, Ferozeshah.
4. Govt. Museum Hoshiarpur.
5. Rural Museum, Punjab Agricultural University.
6. Qila Mubarak Patiala, Museum of Armoury Chaneliers.
7. Art Gallery at Sheesh Mahal.
8. Sports Museum, Netaji Subhash National Institute of Sports, Patiala.
9. Guru Teg Bahadur Museum, Shri Anandpur Sahib.
10. Khalsa Heritage Memorial Complex.
11. Sikh Ajaibghar, Mohali.
12. Maharaja Ranjit Singh War Museum, Ludhiana.
13. Shahed-e-Azam Bhagat Singh Museum, Khatkar Kalan.
1. Aam Khas Bagh, Sirhind (Approx 65 Kms from Ludhiana).
2. Serai Nurmahal, Nurmahal (Approx 40 Kms from Ludhiana).
3. Mughal Serai, Doraha (Approx 20 Kms from Ludhiana).
4. Mughal Serai, Shambhu, Ambala (Approx 120 Kms from Ludhiana).
5. Serai Lashkari Khan or RDB Fort, near Doraha (Approx 20 Kms from Ludhiana).
6. Coronation site of Mughal Emperor Akbar at Gurdaspur (Approx 200 Kms from Ludhiana).
Religious Places - Gurdwaras
1. Shri Alamgir Sahib, Malerkotla Road Ludhiana
2. Gurudwara Shri Nanaksar Sahib, Near Jagraon Ludhiana.Gurudwara Shri Talhi Sahib, Raikot Ludhiana
3. Gurdwara Manji Sahib, Ludhiana
4. Gurudwara Shri Falahi Sahib, Malerkotla Road Ludhiana
5. Gurudwara Shri Rara Sahib
1. Jallianwala Bagh, Amritsar
2. Bansar Garden, Sangrur
3. Sheed Bhagat Singh Garden, Faridkot
4. Ram Bagh Garden, Amritsar
5. Shalimar Garden, Kapurthala
6. Bara Dari Garden, Patiala
7. Moti Bhag Palace, Patiala
8. Rock Garden, Chandigarh, The Capital of Punjab
9. Rose Garden, Chandigarh
10. Shantikunj Garden, Chandigarh
1. Wagah Border, Amritsar
2. Husianiwala Border, Ferozpur
3. Pul Kanjri, Near Amritsar
Science And Technology
1. Pushpa Gujral Science City, Jalandhar
Religious Places - Temples
1. Shri Dandi Swami Sahib Ji
Shelters For Patients
For accommodation we assist our patients with different choices as per their priorities and budget. Some of them are as follows :
|Fortune Park Klassik Hotel||Link Road, Opposite Model Town, Ludhiana – 141002, Punjab||+91-161-398 8444|
|A’ Hotel||148, Feroze Gandhi Market, Ludhiana, Punjab 141001||+91-161-391 1000|
|Hotel Pukhraj||B – XII – 28, Brown Road, Ludhiana, Punjab||+91-98159-77778|
|Aditya Hotel||469G, Main Ferozpur Road, Brs Nagar, Near Verka Milk Plant, Ludhiana,Punjab, National Highway 95, Bhai Randhir Singh Nagar, Ludhiana, Punjab 141012||+91-161-245 2001|
|Hotel Samrat||1342,Samrat Hotel Building,Kailash Cinema Road, civil lines, Ludhiana, Punjab||+91-161-244 8416|
|Maharaja Regency||Ferozepur Road, Ludhiana-141001||+91-161-468 8222|
|Majestic Park Plaza||PO Box 333, Bhai Bala Chowk, Ludhiana – 141 001.1||+91-161-277 3000|
|Hotel Friends Regency||Opp. Mini Secretariat, Ferozpur Road, Ludhiana (Punjab)||+91-161-2771111|
|Hotel Onn||Hotel Onn, Yes Bank X-ing, Onn Lane, Off Ferozepur Road, Ludhiana, India-141001||+91-161-520 2020|
|Hyatt Regency Ludhiana||Site No. 4, Ferozepur Road, Ludhiana, Punjab, India||+91-161-407 1234|
If you want to Travelling to Ludhiana from New Delhi is 305 Kms and by train takes about four hours
Nearest Airports for international flights.
- Delhi (International Airport)
- Amritsar (International Airport)
- Chandigarh (International Airport)
Distance From Ludhiana to Other Cities
- Amritsar to Ludhiana
- Delhi to Ludhiana
- Chandigarh to Ludhiana
Option 1 (Return back to New Delhi Same Day)
- The Morning Train – Swarn Shatabdi (Train# 2029)
- In the Evening – Swarn Shatabdi (Train # 2030)
Option 2(Return back to New Delhi Next Day)
- Come to Ludhiana via morning train – Swarn Shatabdi (Train# 2029) that leaves New Delhi station at 0720 hrs and arrives in Ludhiana at 1114 hrs.
- Come to Ludhiana via evening train – Amritsar Shatabdi (Train # 2013) that leaves New Delhi station at 1630 hrs and arrives in Ludhiana at 2030 hrs. Going Back.
- In the morning train Amritsar Shatabdi (Train# 2014) that leaves Ludhiana station at 0708 hrs and arrives in New Delhi at 1115 hrs.
- In the evening train Swarn Shatabdi (Train # 2030) that leaves Ludhiana station at 1858 hrs and arrives in New Delhi at 2250 hrs.
Ludhiana is a situated on national highway no. 1 and is well connected with the city and hills station of the northern India.
To Travel within the city (Ludhiana) patients may use Cabs
- Mega Cabs – Call : 4141414
Mega Cabs – A complete mobility solution in Ludhiana provides transport for the cities including pick drop to airports, railway Stations and city tours for the tourists.
- City Cabs – Call : 4040404
At City Cabs.in you get to know all about Ludhiana City taxi companies and can easily avail very safe, comfortable and air-conditioned City cabs for your diverse travel needs. You can easily get to Listed Radio Cab operators of Ludhiana on their easily accessible hotline. Punjab allowed AC cabs for Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana and Mohali.
Please Contact Us For Any Queries Regarding Stay Or Commuting Within The city on Phone No. +91-8847244122 & Email id : firstname.lastname@example.org