Hymenoplasty: Virginity Restoration, Procedure, Cost & FAQs
Hymen Repair, the virginity procedure, Hymenorrhaphy, all point to Hymen Reconstruction. The surgical procedure of Hymenoplasty is commonly performed in gynecology centres for safety. Due to cultural and social demands, many girls and women opt for the procedure to restore their virginity before marriage. During the surgical procedure, the remaining hymen is sutured together or a new hymen is created from the surrounding tissue that sheds blood in case a woman engages in sexual intercourse.
What is a Hymen?
A hymen is a thin membrane in the vagina opening. It is shaped like a ring and sheds blood when a virgin girl or woman engages in deep sexual intercourse for the first time. For generations, the hymen and shedding of blood on the wedding night, having engaged in sexual intercourse has been a sign of purity and virginity.
Though that is a general belief, some girls or women are born without a hymen or others lose the hymen through strenuous or athletic activities. The size and shape of the hymen vary from one woman to another and as some may feel pain and shed blood on their first sexual engagement, some others won’t.
Generally, the hymen is partially closed and during puberty, the hole in the hymen helps to release menstrual blood and when one engages in sex, this hymen is completely opened/ruptured.
Hymen Reconstruction Procedure
There are basically two approaches to Hymenoplasty Surgery in India, performed under local anesthesia.
- Steps of Restoring the hymen
- An examination is conducted
- The ruptured parts of the hymen are identified and through magnification, the different layers of the hymen are identified
- The layers are stitched using dissolvable sutures, or removable stitches can be used and will fall off once the hymen is healed completely
- For the menstrual blood flow, the aperture of the hymen is left open
The Basic Hymenoplasty Surgery
This surgery will only require stitching of the remaining pieces of the hymen. It takes at least 45 minutes and performed under local anesthesia. You will remain in the recovery room for about 4 hours before you are discharged.
The Complete Hymenoplasty Surgery
In this surgical approach, a new hymen has to be created from the vaginal mucosal epithelium and also involves other requirements like tightening the vaginal canal plus making the vaginal lips fuller.
This procedure results in a natural hymen that appears, feels, and works like the natural hymen.
Candidates for Hymenoplasty
- Those about to get married yet not virgin
- Young girls who have lost their virginity
- Married women who desire to tighten their vagina
- Women who want to enjoy sex like never before
- Women who desire to become virgin again
Women with genital cancer or have chronic venereal diseases are not suitable candidates.
Cost of the Procedure
A Hymenoplasty involves aesthetic and health concerns that have to be considered by the gynecologist. With that, your Hymenoplasty procedure may cost you more than you think depending on the amount of repair required. Our centre absolutely conducts affordable Hymenoplasty procedures that range from Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 50, 000. The procedures are conducted in a hygienic facility with sterilized tools.
A patient will be monitored for a few hours in a recovery room to ascertain the procedure’s safety after which, you are discharged
- It is advisable to refrain from heavy duties or activities
- Take the antibiotics as recommended to prevent infections
- Wear clean and cotton underwears
- Keep the area clean
- Avoid sexual intercourse for at least one month. And in case of any sexual activity, there should be no penetration.
- Ice-packs or warm compresses are recommended to reduce pain and swelling
- Take caution as you squat, kneel, or sit
Though the procedure is safe and professionally conducted, there are associated side effects after Hymenoplasty Treatment in India that the doctor will try to eliminate through an effective post-operative guideline. Possible side effects include;
- Irritation during defecation and urinating
Advantages of Hymenoplasty/Why it’s done
In some countries, loss of virginity is a matter of life and death which generally involves the community. For fear of public embarrassment and abandonment, some girls or ladies will have to secretly undergo the procedure to restore their virginity.
At our centre, Hymenoplasty matters are completely confidential for various reasons. Major advantages of getting a Hymenoplasty surgery include;
- Virginity restoration
- Girls and ladies who are victims of sexual assault like rape
- Attain self-worthiness
- Enjoy sexual intercourse with your partner like on the first date
- Combat possible humiliations from family, community, and partner
The Hymenoplasty recovery period, primarily depends on the type of procedure conducted. Generally, the recovery period ranges between 2 to 3 weeks up to a month and some weeks.
However, a patient is free to return to her regular duties as long as she is comfortable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Hymenoplasty results in a normal hymen that will increase yourself worthiness and appreciation. This hymen will rupture and shed blood in case you engage in sexual intercourse again.
You can confine in our specialists when it comes to virginity restoration. It is absolutely a private matter specifically between you and the doctor.
No, general or local anesthesia is used during the procedure, rendering it painless and comfortable. Similarly, painkillers are provided to control pain after the surgery.
No, the hymen forms part of the vulva, and its main function is to protect the inner reproductive organs from infections and injuries. A professional surgeon conducts the procedure without outstretching to the inner organs.